Seven Wonder Nature - Rinca Island, A Way of Visiting Wild Komodo. Rinca island is a part of Komodo National Park. It is located between East and West Nusa Tenggara region in Indonesia. The area is about 198 square kilometers include land and sea. The Rinca island is a host of many species such as the giant lizard (Komodo), wild boar, buffalo, deer and tropical birds.
The Komodo in this island can grow up until 3 meters long. Though Komodo lives in Komodo island, the Rinca island is a perfect place to see the wild Komodo dragon in its natural environment. To meet wild Komodo in this island you must supervised by local guide. Day trips can be managed from Labuan Bajo on Flores by small boat at the park headquarters. Alternatively you can join sailing with Pinisi to explore this area on life board cruise boat. Thus, while meeting the Dragon, you can enjoy the savanna and its fresh environment. To see amazing wonderful sunrise and sunset also possible both from the boat or the island.
Trip Advisor Indonesia - Rinca Island and Seven Wonder Nature of Komodo
Transportation (Trip/Tour Route) & Cost:
- From Jakarta, Surabaya: direct flight or transit via Kupang to Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara.
- From Bali, Lombok: direct flight from various flight provider or land transport (Bus) or Sea by Pelni. Please refer to Pelni schedule here: PELNI
Note: Detail info please visit this following link: Sailing Komodo National Park
Trip Advisor Indonesia recommendation:
- Individual or Group Backpacker
- Medium trip difficulty by day trip or sailing with Pinisi boat
- Recommended for teenage, adult, couple, family with kids above 5 years
- Things to do: sun batting, tanning spa, hiking
Travel stuff and equipment:
- Snorkel and diving gear. Some provider provides snorkeling gear, it will better if you bring your own
- Personal stuff and medicine
- Towel, Bath stuff, swim suit or underwater suit
- Mineral water
- Sun block, glasses, outdoor cam, etc
Other Trip Advisor / Holiday packages recommendation:
- Hotels/Homestay/Hotel: there are many hotel near the location, for your convenient you can check or book by Agoda: Book Here
- Travel from Bali or Ubud area please contact to: Bali Om Jalan Bisma No. 3 Ubud 80571 Bali Indonesia, Phone: +62 8223 739 7076
- Travel from Labuan Bajo: Pinisi Package Mr. Ary +62 812 3945 2702
- Find us and Follow: INSTAGRAM